Ausrine Sabonyte is a wonderful sister, and she is Domantas Sabonis’ sister. Domantas Sabonis is a Lithuanian NBA player who plays power forward for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Before entering the National Basketball Association, Domantas was a member of the Gonzaga Bulldogs, the college basketball team at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington.
It has been reported in the media that Ausrine’s brother, who is currently a rookie with the Oklahoma City Thunder, is improving before our own eyes. There is no doubt that he is exerting a great deal of effort and making incredible progress in establishing himself as a leading athlete. There is no question that he is on the path to become a very good athlete.
This should not come as much of a surprise. His grandpa is a retired basketball center who played for the Portland Blazers from 1986 to 2005. Arvydas Sabonis played for the Blazers from 1986 until 2005.
Zygimantas, Tautvydas, and Domantas Sabonis
Who Is Domantas Sabonis Sister – Ausrine Sabonyte?
19-year-old Ausrine Sabonyte is the only daughter born to Arvydas and Ingrid Mikelionyt Sabonien. She is the youngest of the couple’s four children. In addition to that, she was the very first Lithuanian beauty queen, and she also worked as an actor.
Domantas and Zygimantas, the two youngest of the Sabonis men, as well as her three brothers, were all born in the city of Portland. Her mother was only 18 years old when she won the competition to determine the Miss Lithuania title in 1988. In 1990, Ingrid wed Arvydas, a man who stood 7 feet 3 inches tall, in the municipal hall.
After completing her secondary education in Lithuania, Ausrine relocated to Spain and then London, where she is currently pursuing a degree in business management at the University of Westminster. She is a tall woman, standing at 0 feet tall.
10 Facts To Know About Ausrine Sabonyte
1. Domantas made his first appearance in a game for Unicaja Malaga in 2012, which was a match against Cibona Zagreb. Domantas is a brother of the Ausrine family. He had only turned 16 years old at the time. After that, he was a member of the Clinical Rincon for more than a year and played for them.
2. She is the only daughter of Arvydas and Ingrida Mikelionyt Sabonien’s four children and the first Lithuanian beauty queen. She is also the youngest child in the family.
3. It is predicted that Domantas Sabonis’s entire family, including his sister Ausrine and his mother Ingrida, who won the title of “Miss Lithuania” in 1988, will attend the basketball game that he will be playing during All-Star weekend.
4. Her father was a prosperous businessman and an ex-professional basketball player from Lithuania. He played basketball at the highest level. He was recognized as one of the best players in European history by receiving the Mr. Europa Award twice and the Eurostar Award six times during his career. Seven of his seasons were spent competing in various competitions, the most notable of which were the National Basketball Association and the Spanish ACB League (NBA).
5. Her brother Domantas Sabonis made his first appearance on the international stage with the Lithuania U-16 National Team in the FIBA U-16 European Championship in 2012. Sabonis, who was only 17 at the time, participated in the FIBA U-18 European Championship in 2013 and scored 14 points while representing Lithuania.
6. After completing her secondary education in Lithuania, Ausrine left the country and finally settled in Spain before moving to London, where she is now attending the University of Westminster to pursue a degree in business management.
7. Her father Sabonis was a member of the senior Soviet Union national team that came to the United States in 1982 and competed against a number of different college basketball teams. Even though it was recommended that Sabonis take a sabbatical from playing for the Soviet national team and not compete in the 1988 Summer Olympics, the Soviets gave him permission to continue playing for them nevertheless.
8. Her mother was only 18 years old when she won the competition to determine the Miss Lithuania title in 1988. In 1990, Ingrid wed Arvydas, a man who stood 7 feet 3 inches tall, in the municipal hall.
9. Despite the fact that the majority of her family was born in Kaunas, Lithuania, she spent the majority of her childhood in Portland.
10. In addition to his daughter’s accomplishment of winning an Olympic medal, her father, Arvydas, was inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame in 2010 and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2011. He has also served as the president of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation since October 2011.
The post Ausrine Sabonis: 10 Facts To Know About Domantas Sabonis Sister appeared first on theancestory.com.